Instagram

Saturday 8 August 2015

Pictorial Picnic Perfection

As a girl who loves the outdoors, good food, and good fashion, picnics are my pictorial perfection. They're more relaxed than afternoon tea, more civilised than camping, and more fun than a cafe. The only result of a picnic is undiluted joy (and not just because the champagne goes to your head!). 

Loose clothing and shoes that slip off easily so you can wiggle your toes in the grass are essential. Add a medium size bag that is just roomy enough to hold your essentials (suncream, sunglasses, wet wipes) and your picnic dressing is complete! 


Pink lace top - Sacai @ The Outnet, Culottes - Three Floor, White bell sleeve top - Glamorous @ USC,
Full skirt - Oasis, Necklace - Les Nereides, Espadrilles - Valentino @ Browns, Tote - Dolce and Gabbana @ mytheresa

I scrutinise the contents of my picnic basket with just as much diligence as I do my outfit. When catering solely for yourself and a friend, selfishness is more than acceptable and personal favourites can be thrown into the basket without hesitation. I always include bruschetta (Jamie Oliver's recipe reigns supreme), M&S olives and feta, Fentiman's Pink Lemonade and macarons. 


I recently learnt that macaroons and macarons are not alternative spellings, but are in fact different things. Macarons are your pastel coloured Ladurée-esque delights and macaroons are your coconut concoctions à la Mrs Crimble's. I discovered this when my knowing boyfriend sent me a box of these moreish bites from Macarons & More by Tom Kinnaird. They were the best I have ever had and arrived miraculously in one piece thanks to the bakery's careful packing. I would definitely recommend sending this as a gift (you can order online via the website) if you have a friend who lives far away, or even just ordering yourself some as a treat to take with you on a picnic this month! 


Have you got any picnic basket favourites? 

17 comments:

  1. i've actually never been on a picnic! i would love to go though!
    Much Love | Trillu.com | Bloglovin' | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I can't imagine a life without picnics! You'll love them :) x

      Delete
  2. Oh I love that outfits! I do love picnics too...
    I learn something about macaroons and macarons. Thank you very much.

    (◕‿◕✿) EmoteraGoddess.com | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could pass on my new knowledge! :)

      Delete
  3. amazing post, kisses!

    http://itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. so would love to have a picnic right now!

    xx
    bianca
    www.worryaboutitlater.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really perfect for picnics! Nice colorful outfit!
    Have a nice day!

    Stay in Style
    Karen @ Lookbook Store Blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heeey Sweetheart!
    I am Brazilian and I was looking for foreign blogs then I found his own, which by the way is beautiful and certainly I'm already following you.
    It makes me a visit there on my blog, I'll love it!
    You are rolling a wonderful giveaway on my blog. We will participate?
    Sucess always!
    XOXO *--*

    ReplyDelete
  7. That floral skirt is so cute
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the fisrt colage! I like the colour palette and outfit:)
    Welcome to check my website http://www.styljanje.com/, enjoy:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute are those espadrilles?! Also, I thought macaron and macaroons were the same thing for the longest time. So misleading! ;)

    xo Jen
    Skirt The Rules

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE macarons! And now that I know that's officially the correct spelling, I won't hold back from ordering them :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those espadrilles are to die for!xx

    Laura | Lala London: Beauty & Lifestyle
    NEW POST LIVE NOW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woven basket with handle are those baskets which are made up of wood splints or cane. These baskets were used by our ancestors and are famous till now be of their wreathed style.

    ReplyDelete